1. I have been running since late 2013. It all started with a friend at work asking if I was interested in walking a 5k in 2012. My first thought was 3.1 miles is REALLY far!!! I completed my first 5k in just under 1hr. After that I was bitten by the 5k bug and wanted to see if I could actually run that far. I joined a gym with a close co worker friend (SandI), I started out with the Galloway app on my ph, walk 1min run 1min. After weeks and weeks of walk running I was able to run 1mi without stopping!!!! And so it began, my addiction to running races and seeing how far I can really go!!!! 2014 I was in 18 races!!!! 2015 I decided to push myself and go for distance. 2016 My sights are set on marathons!!!
2. Married 13 yrs, my husband supports my running addiction 100%. Born and raised in Jacksonville, 2 kids, boy 22, girl 24. Im the crazy running girl in my group of friends. I have an amazing support system between my family and running friends. My girlfriends think Im crazy running like I do but they support me 100% and help me train.
3. My proudest achievement is I had the courage to start running and no matter what I have continued to run!!!!!
4. My goals for 2016 & 2017, Im going to throw 2018 in there too!!! LOL 2016 my biggest goal is to finish a marathon. My first attempt was the Donna Breast cancer marathon Feb 2016, unfortunately my body gave out mile 17. That was a tough pill to swallow not finishing!! I felt like a total failure, I decided to not dwell on the DNF but to learn from it. Now my goal is to FINISH the 2016 Chicago Marathon!!!! After Chicago Im signed up to run the Cocoa Beach half marathon Oct 21, Subaru Distance Classic half marathon Thanksgiving morning, Spartan Race Dec 11, (not signed up yet but most likely will) The Ameris half marathong Dec 18. 2017- Im signed up for the Donna Challenge, 5k, 10k & half marathon Feb 11 & 12, The Gasparilla half marathon Feb (all a part of the treasure chest challenge)
And 2018 Im seriously thinking about the London marathon (If I can get in)
5. I’ve really loved having Empower as running coaches. I feel like Im training for the Chicago marathon smarter and I also feel stronger!!!!!!!! The running plan each month is specific to me and my skill level. Empower has really helped me with hydrating and fueling my runs properly (my biggest problem) I love the support and feed back I get weekly.
Below are some pics of me before running size 22 and of course now 🙂