I have always had a Garmin GPS watch for running and have loved the quality of them. I started thinking about doing a triathlon and had the Garmin 220, which was a great GPS watch but didn’t record my swim or bike. I looked into the Vivoactive and it did everything I was looking for and more. Not only will it record your indoor and outdoor runs, it can record your biking, swimming, walking and even golfing.
It comes in either a black or white watch band, but if you prefer wild colors you can order additional color bands from Amazon too. Since its waterproof, you can easily clean the band if it gets dirty without worrying about ruining the watch. You can also download different watch faces and different fitness widgets onto it as well to really customize it through the connect IQ store.
The battery life is phenomenal and can easily last a whole week before having to charge it. When you do have to charge it, the included charger plugs into a USB and charges fairly quickly.
- Being able to view all your text messages,phone calls and notifications that come into your phone (as long as your phone is within Bluetooth range).
- Being able to record swimming and biking along with running.
- Can track your sleep.
- Accurate step counter with indicator to move if you have been sedentary too long.
- Customizable watch faces.
- Connects to Garmin Connect to see all your data.
- Can manually add in workouts.
- Doesn’t track swim in anything besides a pool.
- Vibrates on each mile instead of the normal Garmin beeping.
Overall, I have loved this watch and it’s been great to have one device that can track all my activity. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for the next step up from a strictly running GPS watch.